Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stairs on schedule

About a month ago, I talked about getting someone in to remodel our staircase.  I can't believe we took this long to call the guy for an estimate, but I guess between looking at 500 magazines to get ideas and then going to Nashville/Louisville, we never picked up the phone. 

So the work will begin shortly and he'll be installing all the components beginning next Thursday. The best part – it should take 2 days to install.

I've never had a contractor work on anything; so to go through ideas and talk about options was exactly what I needed. And I figured out that the reason my dad and I probably argue so much over remodeling is that I need to talk about projects and have a plan.  He doesn't (or if he does, he doesn't tell you what it is) and that stresses me out.
 
I guess I'm not the fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants gal I thought I was.



No comments: