So I went to the office this morning at 8 a.m. -- while they can put me on hold on the phone, they can't ignore a crazy lady standing in front of them. Turns out the doctor I called over the weekend was in a different location, but once they gave him my info he said for me to come at 9:20 a.m. Yes!
In the ultrasound room with the nurse, I started to bawl. I just couldn't take this anymore and resolved and told Matt that if this doesn't work, I'm done. I cannot physically and emotionally go through this again. I've never cried at the doctor's, I always reserve that for when I'm alone. I get that stoicism from my dad.
So the doctor came in, he was going to do the ultrasound. When the tech does it, she doesn't let you see anything until she knows it's good news; however, the doctor made Matt move to the other side of the room so he could see and turned the monitor towards us.
"Well, you're pregnant," he said. Duh, I'm thinking to myself. Then he goes, "And there's the heart beating." If I wasn't already lying down, I would have fallen down. Matt squeezed my arm as we saw this fluttering movement on the screen. The gestational sac, the yolk sac, and the fetal pole were all visible. I measured 6w1d and the heartbeat, which we got to hear, was 116bpm. It was amazing.
There's very tiny Caligula hanging out.
(We nickname all of them, and this time felt something less cute was appropriate - ha ha)
He showed us so much -- my closed cervix, the 2 small subchrionic hematomas I have that could bleed out (but they were small), my very large right ovary that's doing all the work -- and said that everything is looking just right. Why was I bleeding? Who knows, many women do.
There's very tiny Caligula hanging out.(We nickname all of them, and this time felt something less cute was appropriate - ha ha)
He told me to take 800mg more of folic acid and a baby aspirin - that they couldn't hurt me and can only help.
I'm just so relieved and happy; we've never seen anything like this before. I'm still in disbelief.



9 comments:
I think most women do and don't even notice it. I had the same thing at 5/6 weeks and the doctor said it was from break-through bleeding which is basically just the baby getting comfy in there. :) Keep thinking positive!
That truly is a beautiful sight! I'm crying just reading this. Keep praying; we will.
Love,
Great Auntie Laura
p.s. and you, stay put! Stop giving your Mom and Dad such stress. Enjoy the ride for the next 7 1/2 months. It really does go fast. You've got a great big family who just can't wait to meet you!
YAYAYAYA! ROSEMARIE im SOO happy for you! =)=) how amazing!!! Congrats!!!!
-GEENA (Toes)
ill be home in a week and a half to rub your tummy. im so excited!!! ~nat
Yeah! Excellent news...
Whew! Keep on growing in there little bean. Thinking of you.
Happy to hear the great news!!!!!
Mar
So happy to hear it!!! What a great holiday present :)
:) What a great day!
Post a Comment