It took a while to get on the Similac website, but the formula that we had been feeding Wes is on the list of recalled products. (if you had not heard, beetles & larvae were found in several containers so the product has been recalled).
I'm upset not only because this is something that I was feeding my infant, but because I wanted to exclusively breastfeed my baby and circumstances led me to supplement with formula which led my overall milk supply to decrease. I can still and do still breastfeed daily, but not exclusively. It was a catch-22 for sure. And you can be assured my breastmilk doesn't contain larvae... Caffeine and high amount of chocolate superchunk ice-cream maybe, but pretty sure no beetles!
My only consolation was that just 1 week ago, after another bout of gas pains and screaming, we changed the baby to Enfamil GentleEase on the advice of our pediatrician (which so far is working). So could Wes's problem be because of the larvae? I'm not willing to dig into the canister of formula to find out!
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment