Friday, December 17, 2010

Solids - rice cereal week 2

Yesterday, I started the baby on rice cereal 2 times a day -- per doctor's orders. It feels like my pediatrician believes in slow introductions into solids. I'm happy with that because I really didn't want to start solids until 5 months and at this rate he won't have his first actual vegetable until he's 5 months.
Our first week went smooth, but the last 2 days he's been putting his hands in his mouth so everything is a mess. Towards the end, he's really fussy and food is everywhere - see picture.
Also, my issue right now is when to feed him the cereal. I have been doing it @ feeding #3 ( #1 is middle of night; #2 is early morning; #3 is usually around 10am -- fascinating stuff I know!). After #3 he's nice and full and goes down for a 2 hour nap.
Yesterday I did a solid @ feeding #3 & #5 but that didn't work (complicated). Today I am going to do it at #3 & 4 -- so before and after his big nap.
By the time I get this figured, he'll be ready for that jar of peas! Yum!

No comments: