With the prefolds, you need to wash them 4-6 times before they become absorbant. In the process, they shrink and look like the cloth diaper you're used to seeing.
Here's how they look before and after:
Pretty neat, eh? These are the new batch I just got (we finally had to retire the infant prefolds) and it's taken me a while to get them absorbant.
Also, these are still pretty big for the baby, and so we've had to modify how we fold them. We used to fold them and secure with a snappi before putting on the cover. Now, with the bigger cloth, we just fold them in threes and lay them in the cover. This didn't work before, when he was smaller, but it does great now.
Even after 7 months, cloth diapering is an adventure, but I am hooked. I still wouldn't have it any other way.
![]() | ||||
| Snappi -Greenmountaindiapers.com |
![]() |
| Tri-fold - Greenmountaindiapers.com |





1 comment:
Thank goodness we are done with the snappi, those things are dangerous. Not to the wearer but to the doer!
Post a Comment