We had a busy Wednesday!
Wesley broke out in a rash on Tuesday afternoon all over his chest, stomach, and back. Before that, he had dry patches on his shoulder (only noticeable by touch), but when this rash broke out, those patches became all red and scaly. Time to call the doctor!
We got in Wednesday morning and confirmed it to be contact dermatitis and excema. So now I have a prescription steroidal cream that he has to get slathered on, and he's best friends with the vaseline. It's nothing too serious, but the doctor was glad that I came in at the onset of the breakout because it would get worse if left untreated. Now. we're trying to figure out the cause and it's a mystery. We ruled out the laundry detergent (because we only use the baby kind we've been using since he's been born). The swimming pool is probably a culprit, but we didn't have swimming this week. Oh well, the mystery continues...
After the doctor visit, Wesley had his first friend come over (I refuse to say "Playdate")! One of the girls from our music class came over with her son who's 7 weeks older than Wes. They actually played - as in, they sat on the playmat together and shared toys and Wesley laughed at him when he crawled and played. I was happy to see this because you never know how your kid will react when a new kid tries to play with his toys. Wes didn't seem to care a lick. But the funniest moment was when her son crawled to Wes and then tried to sit down on top of him (no spatial concept in a 9 month old) - Wes looked at him trying to sit on him and decided he'd have none of that, so he stuck his hand out to push him over.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago




2 comments:
He looks very amused. Glad it was a good experience.
I have pretty bad eczema too and it has been worse in the last two weeks. I think for me it is being caused by stress and also our vacation. The changes in water/soap definitely are triggers for me. I think though that your pool trigger is probably right. I just always make sure I lather myself really well with lotion after I swim. Maybe the change in weather is a trigger too.
Wes looks so cute with his smile!
Post a Comment