Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Green Market

After a few trips to Madison and their illustrious Saturday Farmer's Market on Capitol Square, I was feeling a bit let down living in the Chicago burbs. Yes, we have Whole Foods but our Farmer's Markets are more "craft-show" than local, chemical-free produce, and the Chicago Green Market is too far for us to travel on a weekly basis.

Wesley at the Green Market -  July 2011
Then I found out about a local Green Market, and every Thursday little Wesley and I high-tail it out west to get farm fresh eggs, in season produce, and pasture-raised meat (and this is in addition to our bi-weekly CSA share we pick up).  After we pick up our goods, I make my weekly stop at a local shop for the best Americano and chocolate croissant, and we head back home.

Life's little rituals make me happy.

No comments: