Last year like now, I had about 15 lbs of baby weight to shed and the only way to do it was getting some regular excercise - so I joined a Bootcamp class that was 4 nights a week. It started as a way for me to shed the baby fat, but it ended up being Me Time. I put Wesley in the daycare and enjoyed one hour of pure heaven and hell.
I did Bootcamp until June when I knew it would be hard to keep up with the workouts over the summer months. I didn't miss them too much, I was outside a lot, getting exercise and there was a lot to do. But in the Fall, I felt something amiss. I never had time to myself - everything was centered around Wesley and his schedule and his needs. He was getting so mobile and demanding that even a shower was a chore, let alone a moment to myself. (It was also around this time, I was working but not having our babysitter available to help.) I was feeling it bad and I slipped into another set of post-partum depression (the only thing I can think to label it).
Exercise is not only good for the body, I decided, but it was good for my mind. And so was leaving Wesley in the care of someone else for a while.
Since I was pregnant, Bootcamp was out of the question so I found a prenatal / postnatal aquatic fitness class through my hospital. It meets 2 times a week in the evenings and is full of some very fun very pregnant women. I can leave Wesley with husband and get some much needed Me Time (and a nice hot shower after class with no interruption.) It started last week and already I feel so much better. I'm hoping to take it through my entire pregnancy, and even afterwards once I get the Doctor's OK.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment