We switched to the YMCA in another town because the class was cheaper and the instructors/classes were better. In this new class, we're taught - together - how to get our kids in and out of the pool, for them to obey our hand signals so they don't just jump in, they're blowing bubbles, going underwater, and learning to reach out and lay on their backs.
The best part is that the class is on Saturdays so it's me and Matt together in the water with him (except this past week, so I could take pictures). Matt loves being able to do this with him, instead of it always being me taking him to classes during the week.
This is a video of "Submersion" where the babies go under water



2 comments:
Getting Ready for summer!
this is so interesting. I've never seen a swim class, incl clara's from 6-17 mos, that used floation devices. seems like that would impede learning the dangers?? I wonder if it's a liability thing for swim schools?
Post a Comment