This is the longest now I have been pregnant. Wesley was born at 39 weeks. I thought for sure I would have this baby pretty early too, but all my last appointments have been disappointing -- not dilated, not contracting ... My 39 week appointment was particularly enervating because the doctor told me that if I come in at 40 weeks then they will schedule an induction. The last thing I want is an induction -- they have a higher risk of leading to C-sections and there is no way a true induction can be done
au natural. I was "technically" induced with Wesley - i.e. I was on pitocin because of my water breaking - but it was a "whiff" according to the nurse. So I managed it without an epidural. I guess we just wait and see when this baby will be ready ...
I am pretty ready - I was looking at my list of things to do and get from my
Getting Ready for Baby post:
- Swing - got it from a friend
- Co-sleeper - found one for $80 at a kids consignment shop (down the street from me, what could be better?)
- Booster chair - for Wesley. Just bought one.
- Stroller - the double we bought a while back off Craigslist for under $200, and my mom bought us the Uppa Baby rumble seat.
- Nursery - Done! It's been painted, decorated, and our office is now in the closet.
Bags are almost packed ... any day now ...
1 comment:
The last days are always the longest. I can imagine how impatient you are to meet your baby.
Isabelle
Post a Comment