Monday, October 15, 2012

Claire is 4 months old

Claire is 4 months old! I always feel like this is sort of a milestone month because they are coming into their own -- they smile, laugh, recognize you, and are not just eating machines with scrunched up faces.

So how is Claire faring (and how does she compare to her big brother at this age!)

Size: She had her check up today and she is 15lb 10oz (75%) and 24-3/4" (61%). She's about the same weight as Wesley was and he was 2" longer!
Eating: We are still exclusively breastfeeding! I am so happy! I said I was going to succeed at nursing my 2nd baby and so far, so good. I can't even imagine formula/bottle feeding her (and I speak from experience having done that with Wesley). She's eating on average every 2-3 hours which is a lot, so we are rarely separated (an hour maximum is as much as I leave her). Her weight is the same as Wesley at this age and he was taking in 40oz of formula a day.

Sleeping: Oh boy! Wesley was definitely a better sleeper. She's only started sleeping 6-hour stretches on a regular basis (at 3 months, Wesley was 6-10 hours). I wrote a little bit about it here. Since then, she's a solid 4-6 hr sleeper at one stretch at night. Better than 2-3 like she was doing before. Naps ... well, we're so busy during the day that she sleeps whenever she can -- car, my lap, at playdates ... The doctor asked us to start scheduling her and making sure she gets 3 naps a day ... oh boy!

Clothes: She's in 6 month clothes as of a few weeks. And everytime I have to pack away clothes that don't fit her, my heart breaks. I think that's because we are done having kids so I know I'll never have that age back ... ever again. Until grandkids!



Milestones: She's hitting all her milestones! She smiles, grabs at her toys, lifts her head and does mini push ups, and laughs! She's much better at tummy time than Wesley -- she can actually lift her head and she doesn't cry. And having Wesley around makes it more fun - he runs around the house, jumping up and down, and Claire follows him, smiles, and laughs! She definitely loves her big brother and he loves her.


No comments: