We're in the market for a new front door. Our current front door is a metal one with fake raised panels on the exterior and a gorgeous (read: not gorgeous) faux wood paint job on the inside. I guess I could have painted over the faux paint project from the previous owners say ... at some point in the last 7 years I've lived in this house... but I never did. Now it's time for a new door.
Choices, choices, choices...
On the Simpson door website, you can "test drive" front door by uploading a picture of your house and then dropping and dragging a door. Pretty cool! Turns out that a door I normally would have loved looked pretty stupid on a 70's split level.
So I narrowed the choice down to --- well, too many. I can't decided first off if a full window, 3/4 window, or 1/4 window would look best. Then you have to decide on the panels - raised? flat? Yeesh. Like I said, too many choices.
Here they are.
 |
| Full glass |
 |
| 1/4 glass, flat panels |
 |
| 1/2 glass 1 raised panel |
 |
| 1/4 glass 1 raised panel |
 |
| 3/4 glass |
 |
| 1/4 glass 2 raised panels |
2 comments:
I love prairie grille but from my own experience, I don't think you can mix prairie and colonial grilles together. My vote would be fore the 1/2 glass 1 raised panel or the 1/4 glass 2 raised panel.
Yep I think you are totally right. We want to go with the 1/4 glass 2 raised panels.
Post a Comment