So when we got 2 pints of blueberries from our CSA's fruit share, I knew they were destined to be encased in dough and baked to perfection (with butter & sugar of course, the way Mother Nature intended).
My new love interest, Pinterest, hooked me up with a recipe from Baking with Julia -- a book I own and deem too difficult to make anything from it turning my kitchen into a powder puff of flour, but nevertheless written by Dorie Greenspan so this counts as part of my Dorie baking marathon even though it didn't come out of the cookbook Baking ... Whew. That was a mouthful.
Deciding against puff pastry, the recipe for the galette dough was simple, combining ingredients in a food processor and chilling the dough. The dough rolled out easy, folded over easy, and took little precious counter space other than the cutting board.
Now I have 2 perfect little blueberry galettes to bring to my moms group family picnic today.
Recipe here. (A lot of blogs participate in Tuesday with Dorie ... a group I'd love to be part of but can't be so disciplined at the moment).
Recipe here. (A lot of blogs participate in Tuesday with Dorie ... a group I'd love to be part of but can't be so disciplined at the moment).







1 comment:
I love making galettes, both sweet and savory. They are a little less formal than a pie but still bring a nice fanciness to the dish. I'd recommend a mushroom galette and an apple.
Post a Comment