After buying a few things on-line, I started to get catalogs. No biggie, they were entertaining to flip through and then I dumped them right in the recycling. It's never a problem if they're from stores you like. But once I bought a gift at Pottery Barn baby and then I started getting kid catalogs sent to me (and I have no kids). Add in a few magazine subscriptions, and then you start getting catalogs from stores you didn't know existed.
Once I got my eleventh JCrew catalog for the season (yes, they have early- mid- late spring catalogs all filled with the same stuff in case you didn't see it the first time), I stumbled upon CatalogChoice.org in the newspaper as a way to eliminate catalog waste.
Basically, you sign up and report the catalogs you're getting that you don't want and they make a request to the company. And best of all, it's free.
So if you want to stop getting those annoying unsolicited catalogs, then this is one way to do it.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment