We walked in wanting smaller tiles on the basin (uh, duh I figured out that it has to be small because of the pitch for the drain... and here I thought I was being original), the same tiles in a larger size for the shower wall (repeat on the floor), and a cool mosaic border.
We walked out with (well, not walked out, we haven't ordered it yet):
- pebble tile for the shower floor (Maluku Tan from Island Stone)

- marble for the walls and floor (Freemont beige)

- no cool mosaic, instead repeating the pebbles as the border
Now these 2 don't look like they match here, but they did in the showroom. And beige, that non-existent color, is usually not an option for Matt and I, but we thought -- since it's so permanent - we'd play it safe and then jazz hands the walls with a great color and some artwork I got when I was in Singapore in '99 (Yep, never hung it up).
And we also took a trip to a Kohler bath store so Matt could get up close and personal with the vanity I wanted. He still wasn't keen on it, and then he saw the most amazing vanity with this red sink top...
... and we both fell gaga over it. Then we gaga'ed some more when we got the price quote of $2000 (that with the discount). And then suddenly that other vanity was looking a lot more charming (especially with the newly chosen pebbles and marble combo).Very soon -- I predict this Sunday -- we will finally start the demo and uncover the demon (add an "n" and demo becomes demon, how clever) that's lurking behind the shower. If you never hear from me again, you'll know what got me.
Good night.



1 comment:
OOOHHHH...I really like that one, but not for $2K! I was watching the save my bathroom show on HGTV the other day and thought of you guys. They, however had a HUGE budget and spent $10K on 2 faucets and a toilet. Good grief. Have you ever seen a hat box toilet?
Post a Comment