Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Move over plastic

I’ve broken free from plastic … well, plastic food containers at least.

Despite the recent scare that the plastic containers leak horrible chemicals into your food when you nuke them (what in that sentence wouldn’t make anyone say, “uh duh?”), I’m surprised I hadn’t unshackled the plastic reins a lot sooner. Plastic containers suck.
  • If you put them in the dishwasher they sometimes bend all out of shape.
  • Most times the lids fly the coop, off to the same “Land o’ Lost Things” where the sock doubles end up.
  • And if you can find a lid, they usually stop fitting properly and you get all sorts of spills
  • There’s no easy place to store them, they end up taking the entire top row of your Lazy Susan and you find yourself shuffling for 2 pieces that match every morning around 7AM, with your eyes barely open.
Glass, notwithstanding the possibility of shattering into a million pieces, will hopefully be a better choice. And it better be better because I’ve just ordered a whole bunch of new glass containers which will fit snugly into my lunch bag, and house all my leftovers.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good for you! I've been wanting to do the switch myself, but just haven't gotten around to finding the appropriate glass containers. Which ones did you get?

And thanks, I know you read my blog!!!!

I think Jason and Matt are talking about getting together soon???