Friday, November 14, 2008

The Industrious Spider

Every year this huge spider builds his tunnel in our front window. And several times throughout the season I get rid of the web with the vacuum while the spider hides in a crevice wishing he could chomp my hand off.

But this year, he was extra industrious and managed to build himself a full length house the entire size of the window. He did this so fast, and I was so amazed at his fortitude, that I decided not to vacuum it up and let him hang out -- as he never did, after all, chomp my hand off.So it was a sad day the other day when I found his little body at the bottom of the window well. He must have gotten hard hit by the freeze the last couple of days. (I don't think spiders last through the winter.) So I took the photo of the web, it'll soon get vacuumed up.

No comments: