Last weekend, my dad thought he was coming over to measure something for the new built-in cabinet and we shanghai’d him into helping us get in the shower doors so we could rid of, yet, another box. Every box we throw away (I mean recycle) symbolizes one more step towards completion, it's a momentous occasion around here.
Once those shower doors were on, we were officially open for business. Matt took no time taking the first shower – even though there isn’t a door to the bathroom itself. Next up was me and it was lovely. It felt like a hotel or a spa – but heck, anything was better than that disgusting shower we had before.
The only thing, now that we have a pristine shower, is to keep it that way! Regular shower clean-up has to get put on that "I-don't-wanna-but-I-gotta" list. I need to now rope Matt in to this new phenomenon...
I’m not picking on Matt, but all men in general. Let's face is sisters, don't we find ourselves doing most of the housework? A long while ago I read this book where it said if the man makes more money, the wife does the housecleaning. If the wife makes more money, they get hired help. Either way, the man tends to get out of it!
When I was living with a roommate, I struck a deal that if she were to clean the bathroom I would clean the kitchen. And most of you know the kitchen gets messed up more, so I felt like it was a fair deal. Why I didn’t make Matt sign on that dotted line when we got married is beyond me? I regret it and I am telling all you women out there so you don’t make the same mistake I made. Strike these deals before any live-in arrangements!
The downstairs bathroom is technically Matt’s domain but I never saw him clean it (I'm sure he did but it never really looked clean). And I refused to clean it since I was cleaning upstairs. Once when I asked him about the shower because it was, well, GROSS, he said, “It doesn’t come clean.” I couldn’t take it anymore, I was gonna get athlete's feet! So I proceeded to scrub it with some baking soda and elbow grease and voila, it came out clean. He was amazed and said, “Wow, thanks hon’. Next time I’ll clean it.”
Uh huh. There was no next time. It got gross again and then we tore it out.
Like I said I’m not picking on Matt, because honestly it’s not his fault he’s a man like all men who knows that if he just waits, his wife will do it. And that’s partly our faults because we let it happen.
Well not any more, baby. This woman has wised up! And I say loud and clear that I will clean out the shower every other week, but he must do it on the other week or I’m locking the bathroom with a padlock and guarding it with a mean dog.
"wink"
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago




1 comment:
YEAH!! Congrats on the new bathroom. Maybe you could try one of those automatic shower spray cleaner things? I know that's the technical term for them. Can it be used on the pebbles or do you have to use a special cleaner?
Post a Comment