I thought this was a made up class from my Park District, until my mom -- yes, my mom is more with it than I am -- set me straight. Apparently Zumba is the new thing, infusing latin dance with aerobics for a fun 1 hour sweat festa.
Aside from the learning the dance steps, which might take a few classes to pick up (although I was surprised at how much I could do, but then again, I have danced Salsa, Cha Cha, and Argentine Tango), it's a lot of fun. It made the hour go by quickly even though I was sweating - running on a treadmill for one hour is torture to me. Dancing around a mirrored room for one hour --sign me up!
I'm Zumba'ing because Operation Skinny is in action. That's what I called it when I re-joined the Park District's classes in my quest to shed these 10 lbs. The treadmill workouts were boring. I need a class, a teacher, some motivation, music, and mirrors.
Aside from the learning the dance steps, which might take a few classes to pick up (although I was surprised at how much I could do, but then again, I have danced Salsa, Cha Cha, and Argentine Tango), it's a lot of fun. It made the hour go by quickly even though I was sweating - running on a treadmill for one hour is torture to me. Dancing around a mirrored room for one hour --sign me up!
I'm Zumba'ing because Operation Skinny is in action. That's what I called it when I re-joined the Park District's classes in my quest to shed these 10 lbs. The treadmill workouts were boring. I need a class, a teacher, some motivation, music, and mirrors.



3 comments:
I had forgotten to ask how it went, obviously it went well and you didn't throw your back out
maybe you should of gave Matt the last donut... if your serious about "opperation skinny" LOL =)
-toes
I have gone to a Zumba class before. Pretty fun! I'm on my own "Operation Skinny". Jason has been great about getting up and running with me in the mornings!
Post a Comment