My cousin Natalie commented about my Operation Skinny with a ton of good information. I just want to respond to show that I care ... ;)
Natalie says: instead of fruit for breakfast (its all water and sugar basically and it actually burns off pretty fast) add the fruit to some kind of carb like whole wheat toast or waffles or, my fave, Kashi cereal.
Rosey response: It's okay for it to burn off fast because I'm pretty sedentary in the mornings (train rides and office chair). And Gillian (my guru of "You are what you Eat' on the BBC), promotes eating fruit alone because paired with other things it can cause digestive issues (gas, bloating). But I agree that a good morning for me would be to have my tea, then a piece of fruit, wait 1 hour and have a kashi cereal (I've done this before, mostly when I'm home though).
Natalie says: I just read a study that said that women who eat a huge breakfast actually lose more weight than those who eat a bigger other meal.
Rosey response: Totally agree, because it fills you up. It just doesn't work with my schedule. But I would never forgo breakfast because then I'm starving for lunch.
Natalie says: And then the other day I read a study that exercise is actually detrimental to weight loss because it makes you hungrier...sigh
Rosey response: I've read that too! Before, I used to work out before lunch, and then I was ravenous. Now that I have a big lunch and work out before dinner, it's MUCH better. Plus I'm adding in more weight training now too.
Natalie says: You should get into swimming! When you have a little baby in you I hear it's one of the best exercises because there's no pressure on joints.
Rosey response: I agree! I hear it's awesome when you're preggers. When it finally happens, I'll be at the Park District pool instead of the spinning classes ;) But I need to get healthy before I get pregnant!!
Natalie says: instead of fruit for breakfast (its all water and sugar basically and it actually burns off pretty fast) add the fruit to some kind of carb like whole wheat toast or waffles or, my fave, Kashi cereal.
Rosey response: It's okay for it to burn off fast because I'm pretty sedentary in the mornings (train rides and office chair). And Gillian (my guru of "You are what you Eat' on the BBC), promotes eating fruit alone because paired with other things it can cause digestive issues (gas, bloating). But I agree that a good morning for me would be to have my tea, then a piece of fruit, wait 1 hour and have a kashi cereal (I've done this before, mostly when I'm home though).
Natalie says: I just read a study that said that women who eat a huge breakfast actually lose more weight than those who eat a bigger other meal.
Rosey response: Totally agree, because it fills you up. It just doesn't work with my schedule. But I would never forgo breakfast because then I'm starving for lunch.
Natalie says: And then the other day I read a study that exercise is actually detrimental to weight loss because it makes you hungrier...sigh
Rosey response: I've read that too! Before, I used to work out before lunch, and then I was ravenous. Now that I have a big lunch and work out before dinner, it's MUCH better. Plus I'm adding in more weight training now too.
Natalie says: You should get into swimming! When you have a little baby in you I hear it's one of the best exercises because there's no pressure on joints.
Rosey response: I agree! I hear it's awesome when you're preggers. When it finally happens, I'll be at the Park District pool instead of the spinning classes ;) But I need to get healthy before I get pregnant!!



1 comment:
hahaha wow a whole post dedicated to me! geena will be jealous
Post a Comment