Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Morning sickness

The other times, I have gotten pregnant I would pray for morning sickness. I heard that the presence of morning sickness (while not all women get it) is a good sign of a progressing pregnancy. When I wouldn’t get it everyone would say, “Maybe you just won’t have it?” I answered, “No, I’m not that lucky.”

Well, I have it.

The part of me that can function clearly is happy; the part of me that wants to bend over a toilet and dry heave is not.

I’m not puking, just as nauseous as a passenger on Captain Ahab’s boat. I feel like puking would relieve me and for that reason, my body’s not complying. Instead I belch like a frat boy and I’m scaring Matt away (or making him proud, I can’t tell sometimes). I’ve tried gagging on my toothbrush – which isn’t hard to do since brushing my teeth in general these past couple days have induced me to gag, sending Matt running down the stairs, “Are you okay, what was that noise?”

It’s now 11:30 a.m. (this was Tuesday) I’m sitting at my desk about to fall over from fatigue, shivering from cold, and sick to my stomach. I'm still spotting but it's this m/s that's keeping me thinking things are still okay.

2 comments:

Great Auntie Laura said...

Although I never had m/s, I'm sure it's not fun. As I told mom today, be glad that you have it - if you know what I mean!

angie said...

I wonder what the tooth brush gagging has to do with pregnancy because I had the same exact thing. I never had that problem before being pregnant, and didn't have that problem after the pregnancy. If you find out the connection, I'd love to know.