Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Eve

I'm so late posting, I thought about skipping my Christmas Eve/Day blog post, but then it just wouldn't feel like there were any holidays. So late is better than never ...

My holiday was weird because I started spotting on the 23rd which sent me into complete panic mode. Matt made me call the nurse on duty (I like to spot when all the offices are closed of course) and she told me to rest and relax and that if it turned heavier, to call the doc on duty. OK, but rest and relax for Christmas don't go hand in hand. The other problem was that my nausea went away and that freaked me & Matt out too.

For Christmas Eve, I wanted to help my grandparents and instead I was forced to spend the evening on the couch with my legs up. Our traditional appetizers (zeppole, baked clams, calamari) had to be brought to me. By the time dinner came at 8PM, the only thing I really wanted to eat was some jello. All my favorites - the fried shrimp and stuffed fish - just didn't want to go down. I slept during the games (holiday charades), only waking in time for Santa's appearance and gift opening. Over cookies and coffee, I got my mojo back and all the women shared their baby tales while me and cousins ordered more birth control (well, too late for me). By the time we left after midnight, I was beat.

I didn't take any photos and my mom hasn't sent me hers yet, but my cousin wrote about her version of Christmas Eve on her blog so you can check that out here.

No comments: