The last 2 weeks, Wesley has started breathing funny especially when he's feeding. He makes these high pitched noises that sound like he's gasping for air, even though his mouth is closed. At night, his noises keep us up with concern so we both agreed to take him to the doctor, even if that meant looking like crazy first-time parents.
Of course Wes didn't make the noise for the doctor, but we recorded it just in case. When I played it to her, she said it sounded like Tracheomalacia -- or floppy trachea. A lot of newborns are born with trachea that are not fully developed and the cartilage moves and makes noises. It's important to diagnose this even though, from what I understand, it's not very serious.
So we went to the Ears, Nose & Throat specialist on Thursday where they stuck a tube down the little guys nose and found him to be perfect. So the noise is just that, a noise. And he should grow out of it as times goes on.
Just the first of many crazy doctor visits, I'm sure.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment