Monday, October 25, 2010

Bears vs Redskins

Busy weekend!

We went to Madison, WI for our good friends' housewarming party.  Thir new house is so nice - beautiful 1927 2 story with beautiful woodwork. I was swooning because I always wanted an old home (and 1975 is bad old, not good old).  Wes was really good, he even slept a little; and there was a 1-1/2 year old there and I am not looking forward to chasing after a mobile kid! I better enjoy these days while they last!



On Sunday, Matt and I went to our first Bears game together (my first Bears game ever). Our tickets we bought for the season are awesome -- 3rd row, couldn't be better! The game was a lot of fun and I realize I actually like watching live football rather than TV. Unfortunately, the Bears lost, and the fans are not sympathetic. Bears fans are curmudgeons; they'll show up to the game but if the Bears don't perform, they won't cheer (no matter how much beer they drank -- unlike Cub fans).   When the jumbo trons say "Let's hear noise!" they just ignore it and I thought that was hilarious.  At one point, one of the refs yelled out "2 minute warning!" and behind us we hear "You suck!" It was great.

All the season tix holders around us are a hoot; you can tell they've been coming to these games forever. I'm glad Matt can enjoy this for at least 1 season ... and maybe we can get lucky and get them again another year when Wes gets older.

No comments: