We had Wesley's 2nd birthday party over the weekend and I am pooped out!
Despite my years as a meeting planner, I realize now that I officially suck at throwing parties. I managed to make the pulled pork and cole slaw ahead of time (although I was shredding it moments before we had to eat), but I didn't have enough forks and my mom had to be in charge of all the decor because I knew it would never get done. I did get a pretty nice cake though, although Matt had to run to the store to buy appetizers the morning of ... of course I can blame the fact that our baby is only 5 weeks old as to the reason this party was thrown together at the last minute but ... well that wouldn't be fair. I'm a big girl and I can admit to being a lousy party planner!
But Wesley had a blast, so I consider it a success!
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



3 comments:
happiest family I have ever seen. y'all are doing something right!!!
Precious photo! Sounds like it was a FABULOUS party, don't be so hard on yourself!
Wesley was a little prince at his party. (Maybe if we called the next birthday party a "meeting" instead, the planning would be perfection.) We all had a good time and that is what counts.
Post a Comment