Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Taking the fun out of coloring

Marketers have done it again! Taking the fun out of childhood ...

My mom bought wesley a Disney coloring book because he loves Mickey mouse and coloring. I noticed that the pages were thicker and textured, but no matter. We broke out the crayons and stickers and had a fun time coloring (washable crayons of course - he likes to color on the table as well).

Then I noticed why the pages were different! You're not supposed to use good old fashioned crayons, but a dumb colorless marker ("No Mess!") that changes color as you go across the page. How boring is that?! 1 marker instead of a box of crayons ... No letting you decide what color Goofy is ... No making a mess... Sigh. Childhood is officially dead.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will notice I didn't buy the recommended markers. What kind of fun would that be. Then he wouldn't be able to draw on my table!!