I'm a little behind on blog updating -- ever since we started having Claire sleep in her own crib (as opposed to the co-sleeper in our room) I've been having computer withdrawal (the office is in her room).
My cutie pie celebrated turning 6 months old by having a growth spurt in which she's up every 2 hours at night to feed! I love six months, I hate growth spurts! Prior to this, she was on a great 5x/day feeding schedule (and only up 1x/night). Now she's a voracious wildebeast - FOOD!
This last month, we've been slowly -- very slowly -- introducing solids to Claire. She's had just a little rice cereal, a mashed banana, a mashed pear here and there. Wesley was full-blown into solids by 5 months, but Claire is a smaller baby and we're following the route of waiting until 6 months to start weaning. At the doctor we got the go-ahead for 2 meals a day of solids, we switched to multi-grain cereal and she's had carrots, avocados, more pears ... anything i have around the house I can puree into baby food (sweet potatoes are in the freezer for next week). SO this is throwing my schedule off whack -- she's nursing now about 8x/day and solids 2x... I'm hoping January brings some semblance of schedule.
Her stats are:
Height: 26" (54%)
Weight: 17lb 6oz (70%)
So she's definitely smaller than her big brother at this age (he was 28" and 19lb!)
She's wearing 6/9 month clothing and started sitting up around 5 months -- now she's a pro. She still doesn't roll over ... and no teeth.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment