Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions 2012

Isn't it fun to look at your New Years resolutions -- sometimes I have to ask myself, "what was I thinking?" Well this past year, for perhaps the first time in anyone's life, all my resolutions were done. I should contact the Guinness book of world records.

According to my list, I wanted another successful natural birth (oh yes!) where I then pigged out on hospital food (yep! my first meal was about 45 min after giving birth still in the delivery room -if I remember correct chicken quesadillas and a chocolate brownie). Then I was going to breastfed (6-1/2 months and counting) and not stress out about the house (I hired a cleaning crew instead). Sleep was deemed overrated (I'm lucky if she sleeps a 5 hr stretch I'm still alive to tell the tale), and I have fond memories of what is most likely my last pregnancy (no swollen ankles!).

1-1/2 hrs after giving birth -
still in the delivery room sitting on the couch
eating a brownie
 We converted Wesley's room to a big boy room (check) and I enjoyed my last 8 French classes by not planning at the seat of my pants. Finally, I told myself I was going to get active in my newcomers club (and not just pay dues for the awesome list serve) and so I joined a committee and that has helped me go to ... 3 events so far (one of which I had to plan).

Sadly, only one resolution was missed and that was to take a getaway weekend with matt ... That being said, we are in sore need of a vacation. One with a built in babysitter preferred. Anyone?

No comments: