We renovated our kitchen in 2006 and I am embarrassed to say that we have never cleaned the oven (properly) since we bought it. Ick. I know.
Part of the problem is that oven cleaners are toxic, and I didn't have the energy to think of an alternative. I find it odd that after two kids, I have found some sort of hidden energy that I didn't have before -- one that doesn't need sleep and gets things done.
This is where the Internet is a lifesaver: a quick natural oven cleaning search led me this site. Using her method I got down and dirty with my oven and here are the results.
Now this does require a bit of muscle and its not as clean (especially the glass) as I'm sure it would be with a toxic oven cleaner, but the alternative of a safe method for my kids, the air we breathe and the food we eat trumps a spotless oven.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago






2 comments:
I thought your oven would be self cleaning?
It is self cleaning but don't you still need to use chemicals - I thought the self cleaning bit was that it gets the Oven hotter than Hades so that the chems work better??
Post a Comment