I don’t really have 3 Christmases, but Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are like 2 different events and as long as you open presents, it’s considered Christmas. Right?
The 25th started out so nice and relaxing. We stayed in bed as long as we could, I made coffee and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and we ate it under the tree with the cats, the presents, and a "roaring" fire. We’ll remember the tranquility when we have kids screaming with joy… and wonder how we ever could stand the quiet!
Christmas Day has been at my mom’s for I don’t know how long. Apparently a long time. There’s no fish on Christmas Day, not even a fin. Today we had turkey and a spiral ham, a cauliflower casserole, sweet potato puree, oven roasted potatoes, green beans, and a salad. It was eerily like Thanksgiving.
We exchange presents with my parents, grandparents, and my aunt’s family on Christmas Day – and it’s nice because we open presents when they come over so it’s like 3 different sets of present opening. I’m not complaining!
My mom made us coffee as we opened up their presents – as usual we’re spoiled, even though I told my mom that if she bought me this pair of 7 for all Mankind jeans, I wouldn’t need anything else. She didn’t listen. But then again, last year she bought us a glass container filled with dish rags … For the last 10 years, my mom has worked and managed to create a glorious christmas, but this year it was better. The house looked better, the food tasted better, the gifts were better, and she wasn't a frazzled mess. I told her that unemployment looks good on her. My dad wasn't happy about that -- don't encourage her!
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment