Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy "Belated" Thanksgiving!

We had a whirlwind 4-day Thanksgiving break this year where we spent Thursday in Chicago with my family, and then drove to Nashville on Friday to be with Matt's family, culminating in a 10-hour rain/snow filled drive yesterday (it's normally a 8 hour drive). The entire state of Indiana (I-65) was a traffic hell-hole. It was a great weekend and all we can think about is the ride home, it's a shame.

Plus it's becoming a meteorological tradition where we leave Chicago in the sun on Friday, and return home on Sunday in the snow. I think we need to start a movement where Thanksgiving is in October! Anyone with me?

In Nashville Friday night, Matt and I went to the historic Belcourt theater in Hillsboro Village to see this swedish vampire movie called Let the Right One In.

I had read in the paper that the Swedes make good vampire movies and we were not disappointed - it was good! I'm not really one for the vampire, maybe it's because I hate Dracula movies -- especially that stupid one with Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves. But this one was good, it's not about Dracula, I recommend it!

No comments: