Sunday, February 1, 2009

2009 Goals: January Review

I made my goals at the beginning of the year ... how are they doing?

1. Run a 5K race
The race is in June. For the last 4 weeks, I have been trying to run what I can on the treadmill and I've seen an improvement. Things are looking good. My minute per mile bettered from 13.84 to 13.22. (One small leap for me, one large leap....)

2. Read 30 books
So far, 3 books down, 27 more to go. I signed up on Goodreads, and this has been a fun way to track my reading, write reviews, and see what my friends are reading.

3. Try out for a local orchestra
This might not happen this year, but I started the ball rolling. I just found a viola teacher and I have my first lesson tomorrow.

4. Lose 10 lbs
So far I am 2 lbs down ... by Tuesday, I have to have lost 2.5 or else...

5. Save $10,000
In January, I "saved" about $2000. $560 of that went into investments (401k, IRA, Mutual Funds) that I promptly lost. The value of my investments went down so much that it appears my "savings" is -$600. This is hard to quantify because of the investments. So maybe I should just stick to my traditional savings accounts? I dunno.

1 comment:

angie said...

I'm with ya. I hate getting my 401(k) and IRA statements. It's sad when you balance went down after putting in all that money.