I cannot believe March is over already. This month has flown by!
How have my New Year’s Goals been holding up? Well, you tell me.
1. Run a 5K race (training for race in June)
On the 7th, I broke my toe and have been incapacitated since. It’s been a little over 3 weeks and I haven’t done any exercise, let alone try and run (which I shouldn’t be doing unless it’s running for the train, which I had to do twice and cried after.) My goal of that June race may not come true, so once I can start running again, I’ll have to choose another race or this goal is kaput.
2. Read 30 books
Two books? That’s all? I feel like all I ever do is read. Only 24 more to go! Sign up on GoodReads if you like reading!
3. Viola
Lessons are going great. I feel I’m moving slow, but learning a lot. Not ready for an orchestra yet. I’m on break for 2 weeks and so I’m getting my bow re-haired this week. I need to post a song for you all!
4. Lose 10 lbs
Let’s see, broken toe, no exercise … do you think I’ve gotten on a scale? It’s bad news in this department. My pants all fit -- the goal is for them not to fit.
5. Save $10,000
Did I tell you that for cost-saving measures, my company is no longer matching our 401k? And no annual performance raises either – not even 1%...just an aside. Compared to how my other accounts are going, my 401k doesn't look too bad; I only lost 7.8% this year so far (My IRA is -33%; and our non-retirement investment is -45%. OUCH.). (My calculations don't include Matt's IRA, 401k, or stocks). But this month, nothing lost any money and we socked away a little better so we're in the positive #s.
Washington DC, Day 1
10 years ago



2 comments:
I'm so sorry about your toe! That stinks. However, it is better for your pants to fit than to not fit as in too tight! Hope you guys are doing well, looking forward to seeing you soon ;-)
It's great that you are taking viola lessons. That is wonderful ~ I'd love to hear a song! I hope your toe is all better ... running can always wait, but the garden can't :))
Post a Comment