Saturday, January 2, 2010

9w ultrasound

Sometimes, I feel like Miranda from Sex & the City when she was pregnant with Brady. I want to be all excited and use a lot of !! but I'm not there yet. It's not that I'm not excited, I just can't be right now. I keep saying, "Once I hit the 2nd trimester..." and that will be January 25th. Then maybe I'll have my baby-smiley face on.

On the 28th, I went in for a 9week ultrasound and got to see something that looked more baby than clump. I was so scared because it was just with the technician and if something is wrong she can't say anything, but she saw the heartbeat fluttering right away and reassured me. It was 163 bpm. My mom was with me and we both studied the picture like we were in an anatomy class at school - neither one of us is the type to break out into tears or get all moopy. When she pointed out it's leg, I did say, "Aw that's cute." Are we weird?

Baby's head is to the left:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for 10 weeks!!! fingers (and developing fingernails), a brain, and a disintegrating yolk sac!

Colleen said...

Glad to see all is going well. Thinking and praying for you guys and your little one all the time! Can't wait for 1/25! :) Hey, what is your due date by the way?