Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nashville weekend


Last weekend we went to Nashville to see Matt's family, and show them that I am really pregnant - ha ha! I'm not intending to do any travel in the 3rd trimester (except maybe for some Lake Geneva weekends) so we wanted to make sure to go before I got too big and cumbersome for this long car ride.

On the way down we divided the trip-- 4 hours on Thursday night, and 4 hours on Friday morning -- and stayed over at a Hampton Inn 30 miles south of Indy. It was the perfect break; we got a good night's sleep and complimentary breakfast, so we were ready to hit the road the next day. On the way back, we made sure to leave by 9AM, and then we stopped every 100 miles for a potty break/leg stretch, and we actually stopped for lunch and some shopping at one of the Outlet malls -- which we never do, preferring to nosh on Pringles in the car. I even bought a new purse and my brother some much needed 3XL clothing, so stopping was good all the way around.

I want to say it was a relaxing trip, but on Saturday we were up at 6:30AM and not back to the hotel (I won a night at the Embassy Suites) until after 10PM. I was so over tired and Matt vowed that Sunday would be about taking it easy for me. We were up so early on Saturday because it was the Nashville Marathon and Matt's parents house wasn't too far from the 4th and 8th mile markers. Neither one of us had seen a real marathon so we got up early, were the first in line at our favorite Nashville coffeehouse, and got to the marathon in time to see some of the best runners (not the very best unfortunately) go past. Although we felt lame cheering them on as we drank our coffee and ate muffins... We were lucky though because the rest of the day it rained heavily so we were glad that we got out that morning to see the marathon, walk around Vandy, and have breakfast at the Pancake Pantry.

The rest of the weekend we enjoyed ... seeing the Kid's Marathon at LP Field on Friday, swimming at the Pool at the Embassy Suites (plus their good breakfast and comfy beds), hanging out with the outlaws on the deck, enjoying lunch in the Village and in Franklin, and dinner with everyone Sunday night... Baby Screeman ate too much this weekend.

No comments: