I'm excited, we just made reservations to take my mom to Sprout -- the restaurant run by Dale (Top Chef Season 3 finalist). My mom has watched Top Chef from the beginning, and when she read about Dale's restaurant in the paper, she just kept dropping hints "wouldn't it be nice to go there? I bet Dale's restaurant serves good food. I sure would love to be able to go to Sprout..." We got the hint and got reservations for next week at 530PM (when they open, don't you love being the first reservation of the night?). It would be a cold day in hell before my dad would ever take my mom to a nice restaurant in the city -- although I would love to see my dad out like this. I would have to videotape the entire thing because there would be so much... first off, it's a 3 course prix-fixe meal, which means he couldn't order the cheapest thing off the menu. That would throw him off right there. The there's the studying of the menu ("I don't know what any of this means and can't we just go to Dapper's [family restaurant in the suburbs]), the parking ("It cost $15 to park the car, this is why we moved out of the city 30 years ago"), and finally the prices ("This is for people who don't actually work for a living, Rosemarie. You should save your money, not spend it.").
Yes, it would be a lot of fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment