Thursday, June 3, 2010

Childcare decided

In April I wrote about the high cost of Childcare, as I was making the rounds calling all the places around us.  After that, I went to visit a few places and was impressed with the care and the facilities. 

In the end we chose a Montessori school that's not really close to us (3 towns away), but close to a train station.  I loved the director and the facility.  The kids all looked so happy, which was a big plus.  And we not only knew one of the teachers, but some of the parents who send their kids there and they had nothing bad to say.

Matt couldn't make the tours, but he felt comfortable in my decision and when we went to drop off payment, he got to meet the director and see some of the place and felt good.

I'm relieved we made a hassle-free decision and put our name down for a spot in January (when the little one is 5 months old).  Cost?  $295/week which was on the lower end of the places I called, so we're also comfortable with that.

The only tricky part is the logistics.  Matt and I had to become electrical engineers to figure out the best way to transport the future nightclub bouncer to and fro.  Matt's going to take the morning shift (he wakes up early) and drive there, drop off, then drive to the nearest train station and leave the car there.  I get the PM shift (I can leave work earlier), and I'll get off the train at that stop, pick up the car, pick up baby, and with any luck pick up the husband at another train station.

Sound crazy?

For baby #2 (if we're blessed again!), we may have to get a nanny ...


No comments: