Painting ...
Matt finally finished painting all the doors, trim, windows etc upstairs and when they got ready to be put in Monday... half of them didn't fit anymore because the humidity expanded everything. So we finally have doors up (after not having one on our bathroom for the last couple of months ... yes, Matt & I are very close), but they may not close all the way. But they look professional --Matt is dedicated to his craft-- and like a brand new house.
Closet ...
We finally finished putting together the closet system Monday morning -- all ready for tiny shirts and socks.
Crib ...
This was the easy part. This was put together in 20 minutes and made everything so very real (in case the constant kicks to my ribs weren't doing it).
Outside ...
Regardless of the belly, I can't ignore the outside otherwise the weeds will take over if we turn our heads away. The last few weekends have involved pulling weeds, cleaning beds, and getting all our summer-ware out of the garage. The porch is functional - table, chairs, rug - and has already hosted several lazy morning breakfasts. I made up some new pots, planted my tomatoes, pruned back shrubs, and even got some new plants for the yard . Matt hooked up the water fountain and corn-mealed the grass so we are ready to go! (See more on my garden blog)
Inside ...
I'm de-cluttering my life. I threw away a ton of magazines, that should say a lot. My mom came over 2 nights in a row to help clean out the office (which apparently hosted a hurricane recently). I'm determined to let go of a lot of "stuff" and have the baby come home to a house free and clear of "baggage."
9 more weeks to go!



No comments:
Post a Comment