We've got a good system going. In our dresser is where we keep all the diapers sorted by covers, prefolds, inserts, and pockets.
And next to the dresser is the pail with the liner for all the dirty diapers. Pee-only diapers go into the laundry basket with the other dirty baby clothes.
So far, I'm doing diaper washings every other day and I don't feel like I'm washing clothes more often since we have more to wash in general with his stuff (he gets everything dirty so fast). Washing the diapers is easy -- a short cold rinse, followed by an extra sanitary hot wash.Here are some of my reviews and notes on the different types of diapers I'm using so far ...
At night:
Our preference is to use the all in Pocket diapers like BumGenius. We double up the inserts and they last through his 3-hour + sleep sessions. The material really absorbs the wetness!
During the day:
With the numerous diaper changes, the chinese prefolds and covers are what we're using with success. The Thirsties covers fit him better than the Bummis cover, and they have less wear on them with the same amount of washings. Right now I have Thirsties with velcro, but I may switch to snaps when I get the next size up.
Don't like:
The Flips, made by BumGenius are not working. The covers are fine with a prefold (but even they are too big for my 8-lber), but with their insert they don't seem to work at all. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I can't figure it out and it should be easy.
And the other Pocket Diapers I have (FuzziBunz, Happy Heinys, Katydids, etc) are all fine, but I think they'll work better when Wes gets bigger. Right now they are huge on him.



1 comment:
Wesley is so cute! I'm glad to hear you have found a diaper system that is working and that you aren't overwhelmed by laundry. I want to come down and meet him! He is already growing so fast.
Post a Comment