We're celebrating our 1 month anniversary with our baby boy! (like a new relationship, these small steps must be celebrated!)
August 25th @ 1 month old
Like they say, your life will never be the same again. And at 3 in the morning, when a crying baby wakes me up for the umpteenth time hungry and stinky, do I wish for that old life back. Like I told Matt, if I knew that Friday, July 23rd was going to be our last night of continuous, good sleep, I would have brought a bottle of vodka in bed with us!That said, our first month with Wes has been non-stop. Even though I'm home (a prisoner in my own house, save for the walks in the stroller), the days have flown by and I can't believe he's already 1 month and I'm in my 5th week of maternity leave (of 12 weeks). Every day, I feel better physically, and I feel like I'm getting to know Wesley better even though there are those days when Matt and I can't figure out what he wants (and you can only shove so many bo.obs and bottles in his mouth).
August 23 -- looking a little sad in the Lamb
Everytime we think he's developing a sleeping pattern at night, he throws us a curve ball. On a good night, though, he'll sleep for 3 hours, up to feed/change for 1-2 hours, and back to bed for another 3 hours. Although last night he was up a lot and I'm running on fumes today.This past weekend was Wesley's first visit to Lake Geneva where we spent 2 nights at my parents place. He was very good -- we had a good 1st night sleep, went on walks to the lake/art fair, went out for dinner (where he slept in the Moby), and he even went to his first Venetian Night/fireworks where I nursed him under the stars. My mom bought a pack-n-play for her house and Wes loved it, sleeping in it so well that by the 2nd night he didn't need to sleep anymore... he cried constantly, and we got about 2 full hours of sleep all night.
In Lake Geneva
The last 2 nights, we've let him sleep in our bed -- which is hit or miss too. But it's much easier to nurse... all I have to do is roll over. Matt, who originally was against co-sleeping, heard from friends that sometimes it's necessary when they are this young and you need some serious sleep. He's just still nervous he'll roll over on to the baby, but I have him protected with my arm.In bed with daddy
In the middle of the night, I decided to give up breastfeeding ... after all it's been a month (longer than most of the women have done this in my family.) This morning, over a bottle, I'm back on the wagon. Even if I only breastfeed 2 times a day, I just can't seem to give it up.



3 comments:
LOVE all the pictures Rosemarie! Happy 1 month Wesley!
Happy One Month! It seems like he has been here forever. That picture with Matt is priceless!!
Matthew,
You're the greatest!
:))
Post a Comment