Wesley @ 3 weeks
This week, we've noticed a lot of changes in Wes -- he's found his hands and is using them grasping our fingers and clothing. He's also starting to stare us in the eyes, like he's beginning to recognize us. He's also grown at least 2 inches and can't fit in some of his newborn onsies anymore. But we've gotten a lot of clothes as gifts so there's always something for him.This weekend was his first trip to Honey for breakfast

a test ride in the Moby (nice hair!)

And more walks in the stroller -- and his first trip to the train station to meet dad getting off the train.
Sunday, we went to my aunt's for a grill out where he was so good no one would believe me that sometimes he cries and fusses all morning. I said it's because he likes to be held and at parties, he's passed around like a platter of pasta and so of course he's fine.
Friday, the 13th, was the worst day for me. He cluster fed all morning and just was fussy all day that I was losing my mind. My family felt so bad that my mom came over that night, my grandma gave us her theater season tickets for Saturday's nights play at Drury Lane, and my aunt babysat for us. Matt and I saw a play and had dinner and it felt like ages since we were able to do that!
We're still breastfeeding and supplementing with formula -- although there's not a night that goes by that I don't want to quit. Nighttime feedings are the hardest for me. But I'm hanging in there and Matt is very supportive of breastfeeding so that keeps me going, knowing that it is the best for Wes.He's only 3 weeks old but it feels like we've had him forever (and that it's been forever since we've had a good night's sleep!)




5 comments:
I just love looking at that little face!!
We are thinking about getting the Moby! How do you like yours? Let me know!
Wes sure has grown!! He looks so much bigger in such a short amount of time. I know you're tired but hang in there just a little while longer!! I can't decide who he looks like but if my memory serves me correct, the pic of him on the bed reminds me of Matt when he was a baby.Take care.
love the pic on the bed.....I want to just scoop him up!
my comment...hit the wrong key lol
Post a Comment