Friday, February 11, 2011

Boot Camp: Half-way Point

Regarding New Years Resolution #1: Boot Camp, I was supposd to check in at the 4 week point (February 4th), but the blizzard caused the Park District to close down for 3 days last week so I gave myself another week of working out.

So how is it going?

Boot Camp is still hard but after 3 weeks my body has gotten adjusted (it's not sore with every step I take). Then we got a week off (blizzard) and this week has been really hard again (and sore).

I have way more energy than I had before - which is good with the baby, all the lifting and playing and carting him around - but I'm surprised that I haven't lost any weight. I feel better, and Matt says I look better, and I noticed that my size 12 jeans (that I had to buy after the baby was born) are much looser than before (even a belt is awkward).  That's probably because my hips and waist got a little smaller, but I was hoping for some weight shedding! 

Overall, I don't want to quit. The week we had off, I felt terrible not working out so I know this is good for me no matter how many squats they make us do!




   

No comments: