Friday, June 3, 2011

We have a crawler...

... and a cruiser!

I read somewhere that babies crawl anywhere between 6-10 months. When Wesley turned 10 months, I just figured he would skip the crawling and go right to the important part: walking (because he has a lot of interest in walking and standing).  But nope, on Memorial Day, 6 days after he turned 10 months, he just started to crawl.  We were in his bedroom playing on the floor and he wanted his shoe so he just got up on all fours and crawled. Just like that. Out of the blue.  Only a week before, I took a video of him on his stomach crying.

Now that he can crawl, he can get to the ottoman, pull himself up, and cruise all around. It was like the switch got flipped ON and he figured out that he can be a mobile baby, and that sitting staring at your out-of-reach toys was pretty sucky.

"Ottoman, I will use you to lean against while I put
this remote control in my mouth. Thank you"

In one weekend, my little baby has turned into a big little baby.

1 comment:

Geena said...

Yay Wesley! Can't wait to come over to see you crawl =)