Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zoo, then & now

Last weekend we went to the Zoo for the first time with Wesley. We met our friends there on the most crowded, but least humid day of the summer. It couldn't have been a nicer day, which made the swarms of double strollers sort of blur into the background.
Me & Wesley

My mom & me 1976

Wesley didn't know what to make of it - he didn't really notice any of the animals and was more content hanging out on the grass or cruising around a bench as we ate lunch. It made me think of the first time my parents took me to the Zoo. My mom tells the story that my dad gave me an apple and I nursed it the whole time inciting my dad to say, "Why do we need to come to a Zoo? Just give her an apple and she's happy." He was always trying to make me into a cheap date.

Matt & Wes

My dad & me

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Are they sharing hats!! lol! so cute and your mom looks chic.

Anonymous said...

I think the hat was supposed to be funny(on Dad, on me it was a fashion statement, but I didn't get out much!).

Unknown said...

You have been a good father. This is rare picture in my country.

Greetings, cheap flats Barcelona
hort term rentals Barcelona

Avocados said...

I love your parent's expedition hats! Super cute.

Anonymous said...

That hat got more attention and comments than all of my fb posts!!