Right now we have the cutest little set of numbers made from ceramic tiles we bought when we were on vacation in Ixtapa, Mexico. My dad set them in a wooden frame which I rub with linseed oil 2x a year. I can keep them, but they are pretty small and don't really match now with the house. (I was thinking of hanging them in our kitchen.)
This is our house now. The cream brick will get painted brown like the rest of the house, and I haven't decided if I want the numbers on the brick or over the door. (This picture also reminds me to prune back those 2 Viburnum - ah the garden To Do list begins.)
My idea now is to move to large modern looking numbers (Is 4" too small?). Here are some numbers I found that I like.
From chiasso:
$14 each - 4.5"H x 1.5"L x .25"thick -- zinc
![]() |
$21 each - 4"H x 3/8"thick ($25 - 6"H) -- aluminum
![]() |
from Designwithinreach:
$40 each - H 4" W 2.75–4" D .75"-- aluminum
![]() |
from moderndwellnumbers
$22 - 4"H x 3/8" thick ($26 - 6"H) -- aluminum







2 comments:
All those are great choices. I've long admired the house numbers from Heath Ceramics. For your house I'd pick the Neutra in Mid Century White with brown numbers. They are 3x6 clay tiles. http://www.heathceramics.com/go/heath/house-numbers/
I like this last one. Maybe I just like the way it looks going verticle.
Post a Comment