Since coming home from vacation, our intention of getting everything we started in the house done has just fallen to pieces. Fallen is a key word here.
**Matt did stain the rest of the staircase and it looks great despite it being different kinds of wood. Now we just need to get a nice coat of polyurethane on it.
**Our bathroom got a new low-flow toilet put in – and it's comfort height so talk about sitting on a throne. All we need now to moe forward is a countertop. We had high hopes on a good price from a friend of my parents, but his supplier isn't calling us back (I guess the economy isn't that bad), so we went to Home Depot and they want close to $1000. Matt and I said, "Thanks, but no thanks." So now we're going to try a place that sells remnants.
**Finally, we needed to finish painting the hallway. We needed a second coat on most of it and we can't even reach some of the walls without a ladder or – as my dad told us to do – scaffolding. I was on a roll last Sunday painting until I got too close to the edge of the stairs, crouched down with the roller in my hand, when I lost my balance and tumbled down the stairs head first (well, head into the wall first). I did a 360 down the stairs hitting every possible part of my body. Luckily Matt was right there and he ran to me screaming to make sure I was still alive; I was so badly bruised I was layed up for the rest of the day with ice everywhere..
I guess things just don't want to get done around here…
**Matt did stain the rest of the staircase and it looks great despite it being different kinds of wood. Now we just need to get a nice coat of polyurethane on it.
**Our bathroom got a new low-flow toilet put in – and it's comfort height so talk about sitting on a throne. All we need now to moe forward is a countertop. We had high hopes on a good price from a friend of my parents, but his supplier isn't calling us back (I guess the economy isn't that bad), so we went to Home Depot and they want close to $1000. Matt and I said, "Thanks, but no thanks." So now we're going to try a place that sells remnants.
**Finally, we needed to finish painting the hallway. We needed a second coat on most of it and we can't even reach some of the walls without a ladder or – as my dad told us to do – scaffolding. I was on a roll last Sunday painting until I got too close to the edge of the stairs, crouched down with the roller in my hand, when I lost my balance and tumbled down the stairs head first (well, head into the wall first). I did a 360 down the stairs hitting every possible part of my body. Luckily Matt was right there and he ran to me screaming to make sure I was still alive; I was so badly bruised I was layed up for the rest of the day with ice everywhere..
I guess things just don't want to get done around here…



1 comment:
I'm glad you are ok!
Post a Comment