We were supposed to be in Newport, Rhode Island this weekend for a wedding (Matt's fraternity brother), but circumstances (to be discussed later) led to us having to cancel. I am so bummed because we found this cute B&B in Newport and the wedding looked like it was taking place in a beautiful church and botanical garden. Matt and I were really looking forward to this little jaunt (and I had my new Coach shoes to wear and everything). Oh well. Our plane tickets are good for a yea, and we only lost 1 night's worth of money at the B&B.So we kept our vacation days and went to Milwaukee yesterday instead; we spent the day at the Milwaukee Art Museum (and had I known you could take no-flash photography, I would have snapped a lot more photos) and saw the Andy Warhol Exhibit. Then we had lunch at the Comet Cafe (we saw it on Diner's Drive-Ins, and Dives on FoodNetwork and thought it looked cool). I had the mile high meatloaf sandwich, and Matt had the compact Turkey dinner. It was all very good (read: fattening). Plus we got 2 cupcakes for dessert (to be eaten much later of course).




1 comment:
Sorry you had to cancel your trip (hope everything's ok!) but glad you were able to enjoy Milwaukee. The museum is incredible.
Post a Comment