My cousin got married this weekend and her reception was on the 66th floor of the Sears Tower (Metropolitan Club).

She's my cousin because ... her grandfather and my grandmother are first cousins. Hey, we're Italian and family is family -- we're all cousins! Plus her dad was my orthodontist, and I used to watch her and her sister (I'm 6 yrs older) when we used to visit the family years and years ago. Funny how you remember those things. When I saw her in her gown I thought of how we would play in her grandma's basement and how her sister stood at the curb crying one time when I had to leave.

It was so cool to be downtown all dressed up, going through security check, and then 66 flights up, up. up, up.
2 comments:
Gorgeous dress! I went to a wedding at the Metropolitan Club last summer. It was actually my first full day of non-smoking. The room was beautiful and we had a table for 4 right next to the windows. I remember being so grateful I didn't have to worry about getting in the elevator and going up and down 66 flights to smoke!
You all look absolutely FABULOUS!
:))
Post a Comment