I am so excited because I just signed up for our birthing classes!
I ended up going with the Bradley "Husband-Coached" Method classes. I got a great recommendation from my neighbor (thank you a million Colleen!) and when I talked to the teacher, she sounded great. She's also a doula and she's worked a lot at the hospital I'm giving birth at. I think after we meet her in person for the classes, we can decide if we want her for our doula.
The classes start March 23rd and last until June 1 - from 7PM - 945PM every Tuesday!
She also gave me a good recommendation for another set of doctors who work in my medical group that are more receptive to natural childbirth/ less medical intervention. When I talked to one of the doctor's at my last visit, he said I can do whatever I want (i.e refuse an epidural) but then told me how much happier the women are who get one, plus I'll have a fetal monitor on me upon admission. I would have preferred someone who would have embraced my choice and let me know I have options during child birth if I so choose it.
I ended up going with the Bradley "Husband-Coached" Method classes. I got a great recommendation from my neighbor (thank you a million Colleen!) and when I talked to the teacher, she sounded great. She's also a doula and she's worked a lot at the hospital I'm giving birth at. I think after we meet her in person for the classes, we can decide if we want her for our doula.
The classes start March 23rd and last until June 1 - from 7PM - 945PM every Tuesday!
She also gave me a good recommendation for another set of doctors who work in my medical group that are more receptive to natural childbirth/ less medical intervention. When I talked to one of the doctor's at my last visit, he said I can do whatever I want (i.e refuse an epidural) but then told me how much happier the women are who get one, plus I'll have a fetal monitor on me upon admission. I would have preferred someone who would have embraced my choice and let me know I have options during child birth if I so choose it.



No comments:
Post a Comment