One of my garden blog readers reminded me of the benefits of Red Raspberry Leaf Tea during pregnancy.
I had heard about this, but also heard it shouldn't be taken in your 1st trimester, so I was grateful for the reminder. So I went to Whole Foods and picked up not only that, but also some Pregnancy Tea - both by Traditional Medicinals, makers of my favorite Dandelion Tea. The red raspberry leaf is supposed to support and strengthen the uterus and it has been said to ease labor and make it go smoother. You're supposed to drink several glasses a day. I'm starting with the Pregnancy Tea (which contains Red Raspberry among other things) with 1 glass a day, and then I'll up it to 2 and eventually 4 as recommended once I see my Doctor in 2 weeks. Then I'll switch to the straight Red Raspberry.
When I take stuff like herbal teas, it makes me think of Outlander and how the women used to dabble in herbs for remedies. I feel so medieval, I want to grow my hair out long and walk in a field ...
I had heard about this, but also heard it shouldn't be taken in your 1st trimester, so I was grateful for the reminder. So I went to Whole Foods and picked up not only that, but also some Pregnancy Tea - both by Traditional Medicinals, makers of my favorite Dandelion Tea. The red raspberry leaf is supposed to support and strengthen the uterus and it has been said to ease labor and make it go smoother. You're supposed to drink several glasses a day. I'm starting with the Pregnancy Tea (which contains Red Raspberry among other things) with 1 glass a day, and then I'll up it to 2 and eventually 4 as recommended once I see my Doctor in 2 weeks. Then I'll switch to the straight Red Raspberry.
When I take stuff like herbal teas, it makes me think of Outlander and how the women used to dabble in herbs for remedies. I feel so medieval, I want to grow my hair out long and walk in a field ...



No comments:
Post a Comment